Every year I receive several phone books. Seriously, who uses those? They magically appear on my doorstep and ultimately wind up littered throughout the neighborhood. Despite my griping, I decided to hang on to a few for a special, inspired project.
To make these cuties, simply follow my easy DIY.
- Phone books
- Sharp scissors
- Piece of cardboard or heavy paper
- Glue - any craft glue will do
Here's how you do it:
- Make a template of a pumpkin (see photo above) with cardboard or heavy paper.
- Open the phone book to the center page.
- Lay the template over the book pages and towards the bottom of the book and trace an outline around the template. Keep the center of the template on the binding edge of the phone book.
- With a scissors cut a few pages at a time. I alternated cutting from pages on the left to the pages on the right of the book.
- Continue step #4 until you’re finished cutting all the pages then unfurl the pumpkin and glue the cover pages together.
- Glue a twig to the top center of the pumpkin and you’re done!
I think they turned out super cool and they were fun and easy to make. Thanks Yellow Pages!
Readers — you can opt out of receiving Yellow Pages Directories by visiting this site.
Happy crafting and happy Halloween!