If you're thinking about trashing those holey flannel shirts - think again. You can repurpose them into one of a kind holiday gift tags. I know, the holidays are a few months away but why not get a head start before the holiday rush.
With the exception of the flannel shirts, you can find all project ingredients at your local craft store. Here's what you'll need.
- For the flannel shirts, you'll need to clean out your closet or visit a thrift store
- Repositional spray adhesive
- Card stock
- Circle punch
- Eyelet punch with 1/8" eyelets
- Ribbon or twine
Here's how ya do it:
- With the circle punch, cut circles out of card stock paper to create a gift tag.
- Cut a piece of flannel to cover the gift tag and set aside.
- Spray the gift tag on one side with spray adhesive.
- Place the flannel over the gift tag and press firmly and remove any wrinkles. You can reposition the fabric until you have the desired placement.
- With a scissors, cut away the excess fabric from the gift tag.
- With the eyelet punch, create the hole for the ribbon or twine. Note to crafters, if you don't want to use an eyelet punch, you can use a regular paper punch.
- Insert ribbon or twine in the hole.
- Your done!